The class will equip back-office professionals with the measurement fundamentals knowledge required to understand custody transfer practices, to identify and address common issues in measurement data, and to improve their interaction with field measurement personnel.
This class will not address navigation, use, editing, or configuration of specific measurement software systems, rather it equips users of these systems with the measurement knowledge needed to make sound decisions and to manage their workflow efficiently.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion.
- Familiarity of natural gas flow and flow measurement terminology, as well as what AGA, API, and GPA standards mean to the back office.
- Understanding of physical properties and units of measurement
- Learn the measurement data set expected from common flow meter types and common issues seen with that data
- Improved ability to converse with field personnel and interpret field measurement reports
- Understand how contracts, tariffs, regulations, industry standards, and company policies relate to measurement practices
- Learn the types of balances, how they are created, and how to interpret results
- Understand how gas composition is determined, is applied, and how it impacts gas volume calculation and reporting
- Learn the principles of data validation and review, as well as how to address common data issues
- Develop familiarity with mid-month and closing workflow
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Gas Measurement Analysts
- Settlement Accountants
- Division Order Analysts
- Internal Auditors using measurement data
The measurement context of this class is not appropriate for field technicians, measurement engineers, or others requiring in-depth knowledge of metering equipment design, configuration, operation, or testing.
Lecture format with instructor-led question and answer format.
- Natural Gas Chemistry
- Physical Behavior
- Units of Measure
- Volume Determination
- Field Devices Overview
- Data Review and Validation
- Field operations and Test Reports
- Gas Quality Determination, Validation, and Processing
- Contracts and Tariffs
- Monthly Close Process
- Processing Prior Period Adjustments
* GCI reserves the right to cancel a scheduled course if the course minimum for the number of participants is not met. We will refund payment or apply payment to the next scheduled course.