For participants who have completed our Fundamentals of Liquid Measurement course or for personnel who need to expand their on-the-job knowledge, this training provides a greater understanding of balance relationships through a combination of reviewing fundamental theories and examination of real-world case studies of volume and mass systems.
Participants are given a factual case of measurement imbalance with supporting data to perform an investigative analysis and a systematic recommendation to resolve the imbalance and then to present their findings.
By attending this instructor-led course, participants can return to their jobs and immediately apply the knowlegde gained. Participants will receive a certificate of completion.
- Review of fundamental concepts
- Gain a deeper understanding of balance relationships
- Understand relationships that control system performance
- How to use volume correction factors
- Learn volume vs. mass proving
- Understand the limitations of API 11.2.4
- Comprehend the role of sampling in volume and mass systems
- Be able to apply a systematic methodology to resolve measurement imbalances
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Measurement technicians and engineers, other field personnel, auditors, and analysts
This instructor-led course will provide participants with a deeper understanding of balance relationships and systematic methodology for resolving imbalances of crude oil measurement.
- Volume systems
- Mass systems
- Sampling systems
- Case studies of imbalances in volume and mass systems, including investigative techniques
- Exercise using a factual case of measurement imbalance for analysis and resulting recommendation to resolve
Course Length: 2.5 business days
Course Pricing: $1,995