Gas Certification Institute (GCI) has served oil and gas companies for more than 20 years, and today we are expanding our offerings by introducing measurement software tools from Muddy Boots Online. With this addition, our clients can increase measurement quality and build infrastructure to support compliance and regulatory requirements.
– Measurement standard operating procedures (SOPs) delivered by GCI include procedures that define how measurement operations are to be performed according to industry standards, guidelines, and requirements.
– Measurement training provided by GCI teaches field technicians, contractors, and support personnel “why” and “how” oil and gas measurement should be performed.
– Measurement software from Muddy Boots Online provides a system for “what was done.” This is accomplished through scheduling meter calibrations, creating and recording measurement reports, communicating measurement changes, and documenting regulatory compliance.
The cloud-based measurement software directly supports the implementation of measurement SOPs, and the software natively creates records supporting conformance to regulations, such as the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Onshore Orders.
Measurement Tools to Support Measurement Quality
With the following measurement software tools, oil and gas companies can enhance measurement quality:
- Measurement Schematics
- Measurement Tools
- Shift Logging
Measurement Schematics: Master Equipment DB and BLM Compliance
Additionally, the measurement schematics software allows your company to maintain regulatory compliance. Specifically, Muddy Boots developed Site Facility Diagrams that comply with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) requirements of 43 CFR 3173 when producing on Federal or Indian lands.
- Update or create facility diagrams that satisfy BLM requirements.
- Use Schematic tool to provide an equipment database approach to measurement flow diagrams.
- Use Schematic builder to auto-generate diagrams based on your templates and naming diagram.
- Build a comprehensive equipment database that includes wells, treatment, measurement, and storage equipment.
Measurement Tools: Control your Measurement Schedule
- Schedule and record meter calibrations.
- Automatically import and integrate lab analysis.
- Build measurement flow diagrams to gain control of measurement and achieve certainty.
- Prevent errors by mapping measurement points, fuel take-offs, and process equipment.
Schedule, Record, and Track Your Operations
The Operate module is fully mobile and available offline. Record everything from Flare/Vent logs to HS&E requirements and regulatory inspections to Pigging runs and Chemical usage. Your team will be equipped to capture all the data that isn’t SCADA and be confident in your compliance.
- Schedule, record, and report on any field operations activity.
- Optimize your field operations schedule to evenly distribute workload.
- Allow field operators to work offline on any mobile device or laptop.
Fully Searchable Shift Logging
- Advance from paper logbooks to electronic logging to increase data reliability.
- Use e-logging to search activity in the field or in the plant.
- Gain visibility into field activity as it happens in real-time.
- Review activity over a set period of time to support decision-making.
Software Tools to Achieve Measurement Efficiency
As the third leg of the complete GCI measurement program, Muddy Boots Online offers a one-stop shop for your operations, maintenance, and measurement, integrating schematics, PMs, HS&E, work orders, and analysis into one easy-to-use platform.
One software application can track tasks in the field and allow personnel to use their measurement training with results that:
- Create consistency.
- Make recording information easier.
- Support revenue-generating activity.
- Simplify regulatory compliance.