Gas Measurement Fundamentals & EFM Best PracticesDecember 5 - 8, 2022 | Interactive Online
This training is also considered the first week of our two-week Gas Measurement Fundamentals Certification course. <Participants can enroll for both weeks consecutively or split the weeks over time.>
By attending this instructor-led course, participants can return to their jobs and immediately apply the knowledge gained. Participants will receive a certificate of completion.
- Explore the fundamentals of gas flow measurement, including natural gas chemistry and physical behavior
- Understand common standard conditions of measurement in quantity and quality determination
- Fundamental physical laws that define the behavior of gases
- Learn the relationship between primary and secondary elements in gas measurement, gas composition, gas laws, and industry definitions
- Discover the best practices of electronic flow measurement
- How to conduct and witness a meter test
- How to take a meter out of service
- Understand industry standards for custody transfer and non-custody transfer measurement
- Get an overview of the industry organizations and the people who write measurement standards
- How measurement language in contracts guides field operation procedures
- What makes a sample representative of the gas stream
- What are the various sample techniques
- Main challenges of collecting samples and how they are overcome
- How gas chromatography is used to determine the quality of a gas and to calculate its physical properties
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Measurement technicians and engineers, other field personnel, auditors, and analysts.
This instructor-led course will provide participants the basics of gas measurement standards and practices.
- Gas measurement fundamentals
- Units of measurement
- Volume determination measurement devices
- Orifice meter test procedures
- Witnessing meter test inspections
- Measurement contracts
- Gas sampling and chromatographic gas analysis
- Techniques for gas spot sampling
- Inspecting orifice meter tubes
- Fundamentals of gas chromatography
- Flow computers and their applications
This course will be held using Webex.
|Gas Measurement Fundamentals & EFM Best Practices on December 5 - 8, 2022 at Interactive Online||USD $1,195.00|
SHOPPING CART NOTE
Our registration system allows users to register multiple participants for the same class and using the same payment method with a single transaction.
However, only one class can be added to the cart at a time. You cannot register for more than one class on the same transaction.
GCI offers courses to international students looking to participate in online training, as well as those who are willing to travel to our in-person courses located in Houston, Texas.
International payments made by credit card are subject to a 10% processing fee in addition to the cost of the course. For more information, or to register for a course using a credit card that is billed outside of the United States, contact us now.
For online classes, your tuition covers course instruction and digital materials.
Tuition must be paid in full prior to the class start date. Price is per participant unless otherwise noted. Tuition is subject to change without notice. Payment can be made by credit card, electronic transfer, or check (USD) made payable to Gas Certification Institute.
GCI makes every effort to ensure that all classes are held as scheduled. However, should the total class registrations not meet minimum enrollment requirements, GCI reserves the right to cancel a class and reschedule the participants. GCI will notify all participants via email no less than 21 days prior to the class start date whether a class will be held. In no case will GCI cancel a class less than 21 days prior to the class start date. If a class is cancelled, GCI will notify the student and request the student’s permission to move the registration into a future date. If a future date is not acceptable, GCI will refund the tuition in full within 2 business days. In case of class cancellation, GCI’s liability is limited to the refund of the tuition fee only.
Students may cancel or reschedule a registration up to 21 days prior to the class start date. No cancellations or rescheduling requests will be accepted if received less than 21 days prior to the class date. Another person may be substituted for a registrant at any time.