Back-Office Gas Measurement Fundamentals (INTERACTIVE-ONLINE)July 17 - 21, 2023 | Interactive Online
This course presents the fundamental concepts, terminology, standards, and best practices that natural gas custody measurement is based upon, focusing on the context needed by measurement analysts and other back-office professionals.
While much attention is focused on the field custody transfer equipment and its operations, the data from the field devices must then be collected, validated, processed, and summarized prior to being used by accounting and other business units. This course discusses validation of data to detect anomalies, errors, or missing data and how to address those issues, while maintaining the integrity of the custody transfer process.
This class will not address navigation, use, editing, or configuration of specific measurement software systems, rather it equips users of these systems with the measurement knowledge needed to make sound decisions and to manage their workflow efficiently.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion.
- Familiarity of natural gas flow and flow measurement terminology, as well as what AGA, API, and GPA standards mean to the back office.
- Understanding of physical properties and units of measurement
- Learn the measurement data set expected from common flow meter types and common issues seen with that data
- Improved ability to converse with field personnel and interpret field measurement reports
- Understand how contracts, tariffs, regulations, industry standards, and company policies relate to measurement practices
- Learn the types of balances, how they are created, and how to interpret results
- Understand how gas composition is determined, is applied, and how it impacts gas volume calculation and reporting
- Learn the principles of data validation and review, as well as how to address common data issues
- Develop familiarity with mid-month and closing workflow
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is geared toward Gas Measurement Analysts, but is also appropriate for Settlement Accountants, Division Order Analysts, and Internal Auditors, who work closely with measurement personnel and/or use measurement data as part of their routine duties.
The measurement context of this class is not appropriate for field technicians, measurement engineers, or others requiring in-depth knowledge of metering equipment design, configuration, operation, or testing.
Lecture format with instructor-led question and answer.
- Natural Gas Chemistry
- Physical Behavior
- Units of Measure
- Volume Determination
- Field Devices Overview
- Data Review and Validation
- Field operations and Test Reports
- Gas Quality Determination, Validation, and Processing
- Contracts and Tariffs
- Monthly Close Process
- Processing Prior Period Adjustments
This course will be held using Webex.
|Back-Office Gas Measurement Fundamentals (INTERACTIVE-ONLINE) on July 17 - 21, 2023 at Interactive Online||USD $1,500.00|
SHOPPING CART NOTE
Our registration system allows users to register multiple participants for the same class and using the same payment method with a single transaction.
However, only one class can be added to the cart at a time. You cannot register for more than one class on the same transaction.
For online classes, your tuition covers course instruction and digital materials.
Tuition must be paid in full prior to the class start date. Price is per participant unless otherwise noted. Tuition is subject to change without notice. Payment can be made by credit card, electronic transfer, or check (USD) made payable to Gas Certification Institute.
GCI makes every effort to ensure that all classes are held as scheduled. However, should the total class registrations not meet minimum enrollment requirements, GCI reserves the right to cancel a class and reschedule the participants. GCI will notify all participants via email no less than 21 days prior to the class start date whether a class will be held. In no case will GCI cancel a class less than 21 days prior to the class start date. If a class is cancelled, GCI will notify the student and request the student’s permission to move the registration into a future date. If a future date is not acceptable, GCI will refund the tuition in full within 2 business days. In case of class cancellation, GCI’s liability is limited to the refund of the tuition fee only.
Students may cancel or reschedule a registration up to 21 days prior to the class start date. No cancellations or rescheduling requests will be accepted if received less than 21 days prior to the class date. Another person may be substituted for a registrant at any time.