The 2023 GCI measurement and SCADA training course schedule has been released. Let’s get you set with oil and gas measurement training classes that fit your needs.
Seating for both in-person and instructor-led online courses is limited. Our last two-week gas certification course for 2022 is already sold out! Now is the time to discuss training budgets and secure a spot in our schedule for yourself or your techs.
– For field techs and back-office workers: check out our class schedule for 2023. Get in your training requests to your supervisor now so that you can reserve a seat! We’ll help you advance your capabilities and career by growing your knowledge base, enabling you to understand the “why” behind the tasks that you perform. This will help you avoid common mistakes and reduce overall measurement issues. Your company will benefit from you being able to consistently perform measurement functions to reduce uncertainty.
– For managers: find out more about the 2023 class schedule so that you can include funding in your budget for training new hires and advancing key personnel. Advance planning also gives you enough lead time to cover for personnel who are out for training.
Highlights of the 2023 GCI Measurement Training Classes
Gas Measurement Fundamentals Certification
Our two-week Gas Measurement Fundamentals Certification class is scheduled three times in 2023. But, as we mentioned earlier, the last class of the year is already sold out!
This class makes sure that field techs and support personnel have a comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals of gas measurement. All three classes will be held in person at our training facility in Houston, Texas:
- February 14-24
- June 6-16
- October 10-20 (sold out)
Gas Measurement Fundamentals & EFM Best Practices
We will offer the four-day Gas Measurement Fundamentals & EFM Best Practices class seven times in 2023. There will be a mix of in-person training in Houston and instructor-led, interactive online training.
This class counts as the first week of our Gas Measurement Fundamentals Certification class. Techs can take the first week, then return at a later date to complete the second week of training to finish off the full course. This is a great option for professionals that cannot commit to two weeks in Houston for the full certification course and need to split up the training.
- February 14-17 (Houston)
- April 18-21 (Interactive Online)
- June 6-9 (Houston)
- July 25-27 (Interactive Online)
- August 15-18 (Houston)
- October 10-13 (Houston)
- December 12-15 (Interactive Online)
Fundamentals of Liquid Measurement
In 2023, we will offer our Fundamentals of Liquid Measurement class in person at our facility in Houston. Techs will learn the various methods of liquid flow measurement, what can affect measurement accuracy and repeatability, and key considerations when selecting flow instrumentation. The class will be offered once per quarter:
- March 14-16 (Q1)
- June 20-22 (Q2)
- September 26-28 (Q3)
- November 14-16 (Q4)
Advanced Fundamentals of Liquid Measurement
Liquid measurement professionals who complete the fundamentals class can return to GCI for our Advanced Fundamentals of Liquid Measurement class. This training is great for professionals who need to know more about how to handle complex measurement issues and want to learn from real-world case studies and situations.
We are planning to offer the advanced class twice in 2023. Both classes will be in Houston during the second half of the year:
- August 22-24
- December 12-14
Crude Measurement Fundamentals
We have the Fundamentals of Crude Measurement class on the schedule three times in 2023. Our instructors teach the API standards for crude measurement to make sure techs understand the fundamentals of manual tank gauging, meter proving, calculations, asset balancing, and more.
All three crude classes will be taught in person in Houston:
- April 11-13
- July 11-13
- November 7-9
We are planning to offer our SCADA Fundamentals Certification class once in 2023. The class is geared toward oil and gas professionals such as control room operators that need to stay current with SCADA standards and processes to execute critical duties.
Our SCADA training class will be an interactive online class spanning four days. The class will be offered from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. CST on the following days:
- August 8-11
Back-Office Gas Measurement Fundamentals
Our Back-Office Gas Measurement Fundamentals class is back in 2023! The class is great for back-office measurement personnel that need to advance their understanding of measurement principles. Managers can also benefit from attending this class to better explain measurement to back-office professionals.
We will offer this class once per quarter in 2023, with a mix of both in-person and online training:
- March 20-24 (Interactive Online – 5 half-days from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
- May 23-25 (Houston – 3 full days)
- July 17-21 (Interactive Online – 5 half-days from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
- October 24-28 (Houston – 3 full days)
Register Today for Our 2023 Measurement Training Classes
Get ready to plan for your training needs in 2023:
- For field techs, make sure you talk to your direct supervisor in advance so that they can request training.
- For field supervisors, now is the time to get in your training requests for your techs before budgets are set.
When you’re ready to register for a specific class offering, use our online registration option. You can register a single person or an entire team through our website.
We can also schedule customizable training for your team. If you have 8 or more techs that need the same training, contact us about custom training at your facility. When your folks do not have to travel, you can afford to train more people at one time.
– Whether you need help registering online or would like to discuss custom training, you can reach out to our team. Call us at 281-598-7200, email email@example.com, or complete our website contact form to get in touch with us.
We look forward to providing you with gas, liquid, crude, and SCADA training in 2023.