Measurement is a very technical area of the oil and gas industry. There are many unique aspects that require intimate knowledge of measurement basics, regulatory and standards updates, overall best practices, communication, and the use of technology.
We’ve identified podcasting as the ideal media to help both seasoned professionals and newcomers stay abreast of the fundamentals, the developing industry trends, and the latest updates to technology that impact professionals who support measurement in the oil and gas industry.
The new podcast is part of the growing Pipeline Podcast Network that delivers education through conversation to professionals through the oil and gas value chain.
Listen to The Initial Oil & Gas Measurement Podcast Episodes
The Oil & Gas Measurement Podcast launched on January 19th with four outstanding episodes that you can access and download right now.
The first episode featured Weldon explaining the purpose of the podcast along with Russel Treat, who is the founder of the Pipeline Podcast Network. You will learn more about Weldon’s background in measurement, his expertise in various technical disciplines, and how listeners will benefit from the conversations with each guest who appears on the podcast.
Weldon is the ideal host for the measurement podcast because of his extensive industry experience and connections to industry experts. He has 30+ years of experience that includes natural gas, natural gas liquids, crude oil, and refined products measurement, combined with a healthy dose of SCADA and IT administration experience in the midstream, transportation pipeline, and utility sectors.
The three additional episodes included in the January launch cover specific measurement topics with industry guests. The topics cover custody measurement, data analytics, and leak detection as it applies to measurement.
We encourage you to check out the first four episodes included in the podcast launch:
- Episode 1: Introducing the Oil & Gas Measurement Podcast with Weldon Wright and Russel Treat
- Episode 2: API Update on the Custody Measurement of Produced Water with Stephen Anson
- Episode 3: Using Data Analytics to Drive Measurement Validation Rules with Michael Thompson
- Episode 4: Methane Leak Detection and Measurement with Robert Ward
Moving forward, a new episode will be released once per month on the third Wednesday of each month. In February, the next episode will be released on Feb. 16th. In March, the following episode will be released on Mar. 16th. And so on.
What to Expect from the Measurement Podcast Every Month
Each monthly episode will take a deep dive into a specific area of oil and gas measurement. The goal is to expand the knowledge base for measurement professionals and provide you with a greater understanding of the latest measurement trends that impact how you perform, manage, or supervise the work to be done.
Throughout 2022 and beyond, the podcast will cover topics that include the following:
- Analysis and Gas Quality
- Custody Transfer Measurement
- Data Analytics
- Emerging Technology
- End Devices
- Measurement Basics (Measurement 101)
- Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) and Hydrogen
- Regulatory and Standards Updates (e.g. API, AGA, and GPA)
- Software Tools
- System Balances – Unaccounted
Over time, we believe that measurement professionals will benefit from hearing Weldon discuss these topics with a select member of the oil and gas community so that you can gain confidence in your role supporting measurement.
To remain engaged with the podcast, we encourage you to take the following actions.
– Bookmark the Oil & Gas Measurement Podcast page at PipelinePodcastNetwork.com.
– Subscribe to the podcast feed on your mobile device (instructions are on the website).
– Follow the Pipeline Podcast Network on LinkedIn so that you receive alerts about the podcast and never miss a new episode.