As GCI approaches 20 years of providing fundamental measurement training, we recognize the importance of meeting the latest needs of companies who require training for their measurement professionals.
We are now introducing a new customizable training course on ultrasonic flow measurement. This training course is designed for companies who have several employees who need to be trained together on site on their equipment and unique operational requirements.
An added benefit to your company is that GCI will travel anywhere in the U.S. or internationally to provide this hands-on training to your team.
Who Should Take the Ultrasonic Flow Measurement Training Course?
The new custom training course is intended for measurement professionals on your team who are involved in the proper installation, configuration, or troubleshooting of SICK or Daniels gas ultrasonic meters (USMs).
The training is also intended for any professional who should have a more extensive hands-on experience in commissioning and troubleshooting these meters.
After completing the training, your team members will be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of ultrasonic measurement and how to operate key components of a USM.
- Commission USMs to properly interface with a flow computer and validate I/O system communication.
- Apply a step-by-step process to perform basic troubleshooting for common meter and process issues.
What Modules Are Included in the Training Course?
GCI has carefully designed three modules to provide the building blocks of ultrasonic flow measurement understanding. The customizable aspect is the opportunity to add additional modules to the hands-on training experience.
- Review of ultrasonic measurement principles: ultrasonic sound, equations, transducer, configurations, weighting, detection, and more.
- Operating SICK USM software: installation, set-up, maintenance, SOS calculator, I/O configuration, recording, and more.
- Operating Daniels USM software: communication, settings, set-up, diagnostics, key manager, P&T and gas chromatograph functions, and more.
GCI is also making available eight additional modules that can be included in the training course.
- Basics of Gas USM diagnostics
- Advanced Gas USM diagnostics
- Fundamentals of flow calibration for gas USMs
- Understanding AGA Reports No. 9 and 10
- Basics of gas USM meter station design
- Advanced gas USM meter station design
- Field testing of gas USMs with portable transfer power
- Using gas USMs in two-phase flow applications
How to Schedule Your Team’s Training Course
GCI is currently taking requests for the custom training on ultrasonic flow measurement. Pricing will vary depending on your location, the number of team members to be trained, and whether you require additional modules in the training.
To discuss scheduling and pricing, please call us today at 281-598-7200.