GCI Certification: Gas Measurement Fundamentals
Gas Certification Institute (GCI)’s gas measurement fundamentals course is based on the first chapter of the AGA whitepaper, Natural Gas Measurement Technician Training and Development Guidelines.
The certification, delivered in two sections, provides comprehensive support to the learning and comprehension of the topics in that chapter which set the stage for success in all other natural gas measurement requirements.
This extensive training complies with AGA, API, and GPA industry standards and was developed by the industry experts who wrote the guide. This direct instruction ensures that participants are grounded in the theory and practice of accepted gas measurement standards to readily apply in the field.
|Select Your Gas Measurement Option: All at Once or on Your Timeline|
|Gas Measurement Fundamentals Certification||Gas Measurement Fundamentals & EFM Best Practices Training Course||Gas Measurement Completion Training Course|
|What Do You Get? Weeks #1 and 2 of the Gas Measurement Fundamentals||What Do You Get? Week #1 of Gas Measurement Fundamentals||What Do You Get? Week #2 of Gas Measurement Fundamentals|
|Time Commitment: 2 Weeks (9 Days)||Time Commitment: 4 Days||Time Commitment: 5 Days|
|Cost: $3,295 for full course material all at once vs.||Cost: $1,195 for Week #1||Cost: $2,350 for Week #2|
|$3,545 for full course material spread over time|
Who is this certification for?
What are the outcomes?
- Participants will receive a certificate of completion after the certification course.
- Participants will confidently return to the field with a competent understanding of gas measurement fundamentals.
- Companies will be confident that their workers are prepared to apply their learning in the field.
- The importance of measurement for control and custody applications
- The effect of gas laws on measurement
- The types of meters used in gas measurement
- How to calculate gas measurement using volume and gas quality data
- How to determine factors that can affect gas measurement and alter accuracy.
The material is taught in a condensed format for efficiency and adapted to the individual learning requirements of the students in attendance.
* GCI reserves the right to cancel a scheduled course if the course minimum for the number of participants is not met. We will refund payment or apply payment to the next scheduled course.