Quality measurement training for oil and gas back-office employees has historically been difficult to find and even more difficult to get funding for. Analysts and settlement accountants are responsible for reviewing and validating data representing tens of millions of dollars in product each month, yet they may have little or no knowledge of the measurement practices behind that data.
Measurement software vendors provide great classes in how to navigate, review, and edit data within their software. However, these classes typically assume the student is already knowledgeable in the measurement fundamentals needed to understand measurement data and to make informed decisions when problems are detected.
Without a firm foundation in measurement fundamentals, analysts often feel they are “flying blind” and are expected to be experts with data they really do not understand. This can lead to inefficiencies, measurement discrepancies between parties, system balancing issues, and potentially lawsuits. Fortunately, there is a solution!
We are eager to introduce our new instructor-led training class, “Back-Office Gas Measurement Fundamentals.” The class is specifically geared toward Gas Measurement Analysts, Settlement Accountants, Division Order Analysts, Internal Auditors, and others who work closely with measurement personnel and/or use measurement data as part of their routine duties.
Our training is also a good fit for managers who possess an operations or accounting background and supervise back-office measurement personnel. So, whether you work in the back office or manage employees that perform measurement duties, this class is right for you.
Dates for Our Back-Office Measurement Class
There are two opportunities to register for our new back-office measurement class in 2022. This summer, we will be offering the class through our interactive online classroom environment. Then, this fall season, we will offer an in-person version of the class in Houston.
- July 18-22, 2022: Interactive Online training (5 half-days from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.).
- October 25-27, 2022: In-Person training in Houston (3 full business days).
– The July offering is structured to allow attendees to spend their mornings in the virtual classroom environment, then be in their office the remainder of the afternoon each day, to address their normal work.
– The October offering in Houston will condense the course material into three business days over a Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday window. This will allow measurement professionals to travel on Monday, complete the course on Thursday, and return home by Friday. The Houston in-person course provides a distraction-free environment for learning.
What Is Covered in Our Back-Office Measurement Class?
Whether you register for our virtual online class or the in-person offering, the class will cover the same material. We will provide you or your team members with the fundamental measurement knowledge that is essential to performing back-office duties. The class will help attendees in the following areas:
- Understand custody transfer practices.
- Identify and address common issues in measurement data.
- Improve interaction with field measurement personnel.
- Maintain the integrity of measurement data throughout data collection, validation, and processing.
- Recognize key measurement principles contained in AGA, API, and GPA standards.
- Appreciate how contracts, tariffs, regulations, industry standards, and company policies relate to measurement practices.
- Understand how data should be processed through either a measurement software system, an in-house developed system, or a third-party resource.
Gaining a firm grasp of these concepts will enable measurement personnel to skillfully follow measurement procedures and streamline their workflow. This will result in greater efficiency and accuracy when processing, validating, and reporting measurement data.
Register Today for Back-Office Gas Measurement Fundamentals
Many companies in the industry focus on optimizing field custody transfer equipment and its operations. But, that effort is only one piece of the measurement puzzle. The data from the field devices must be accurately collected, validated, processed, and summarized in the back office prior to being used by accounting and other business units.
Now is the time to enhance your company’s understanding of back-office measurement processes and to increase measurement capabilities. Whether you are a back-office measurement or accounting professional, work closely with the measurement data, or manage personnel in the back office, we invite you to register for our new class offering.
– Need help registering online? Prefer to register over the phone? Contact GCI today at 281-598-7200 to speak with our team. We look forward to helping increase measurement proficiency in your company through our new training class.