Since 2000, Gas Certification Institute (GCI) has provided fundamental gas and liquid measurement training to thousands of measurement professionals in the oil and gas industry.
As we mark the 20-year anniversary of GCI, we are looking forward to providing measurement training that achieves three fundamental objectives:
- Provide education on the fundamentals of measurement that is based on industry standards.
- Embrace the latest technology that is used to support accurate and reliable measurement.
- Provide measurement professionals with confidence to return to the field to perform critical measurement tasks.
With a clear mission to support measurement professionals in your company or operation, we are proud to announce the 2020 GCI class schedule. We will offer fundamental training in gas, liquids, and crude measurement, plus training on SCADA fundamentals at our training facility in Houston, Texas.
The 2020 GCI Class Schedule
We broke up the 2020 schedule to allow more time for companies and operators to arrange schedules and shift duties so that measurement professionals can be pulled away from their daily tasks to receive training.
First Quarter Schedule
We are planning to offer two classes during the first three months of the year:
- February 4-6: Fundamentals of Liquid Measurement
- February 11-21: Gas Measurement Fundamentals Certification
Mark your calendar for our first gas measurement training of 2020. The two-week course covering the fundamentals of gas measurement will fill up quickly.
Second Quarter Schedule
We are planning to offer six classes during the spring season. We felt this was important to allow companies and operators to make plans early in the year to send measurement personnel to Houston for training.
- April 20-23: Gas Measurement Fundamentals & EFM Best Practices
- May 5-7: Fundamentals of Liquid Measurement
- May 19-22: SCADA Fundamentals Certification
- May 27-29: Fundamentals of Crude Measurement
- June 2-4: Advanced Fundamentals of Liquid Measurement
- June 16-26: Gas Measurement Fundamentals Certification
There is a unique opportunity for your measurement team to complete our liquid fundamentals class and advanced liquid fundamentals class back-to-back in May and June.
Third Quarter Schedule
We are planning to offer two classes during the summer months.
- July 14-16: Fundamentals of Crude Measurement
- August 17-20: Gas Measurement Fundamentals & EFM Best Practices
The Gas Measurement Fundamentals & EFM Best Practices class is an opportunity for your team to receive one week of training toward the Fundamentals of Gas Measurement certification. Then, your team will be able to return to GCI later in the year to complete the certification class.
Fourth Quarter Schedule
We will continue the pattern by ramping up during the fall season to offer six classes covering each critical area of measurement:
- October 13-23: Gas Measurement Fundamentals Certification
- October 27-29: Fundamentals of Liquid Measurement
- November 10-13: SCADA Fundamentals Certification
- November 17-19: Fundamentals of Crude Measurement
- December 1-4: Gas Measurement Fundamentals & EFM Best Practices
- December 8-10: Advanced Fundamentals of Liquid Measurement
Take note that our last Gas Measurement Fundamentals Certification class will be in October. For liquid measurement, we are offering another opportunity to receive training on the fundamentals and advanced fundamentals in a convenient window.
Contact GCI for Registration Assistance
Ready to register your team for measurement training? Need assistance mapping out a registration plan for your team?
Contact the GCI team for registration assistance with gas measurement training, liquid measurement training, crude measurement training, or SCADA training.
Plus, download the 2020 GCI Schedule directly to your computer or mobile device for easy access throughout the year.
We look forward to serving the needs of your company or operation throughout 2020 as we mark 20 years of providing fundamental training to measurement professionals.