Gas Certification Institute (GCI) has released the 2021 class schedule for our fundamental measurement classes and SCADA training class. In 2021, we are preparing to offer classes in-person at our training facility in Houston, Texas.
We understand that circumstances may change because of the global pandemic or some students may have concerns about the in-person training environment. We will certainly aim to be responsive to any relevant changes or health issues that arise in 2021. This includes the flexibility to shift some classes to the interactive online training environment that we created in 2020, if needed.
Our goal, though, is to resume in-person training on the fundamentals of gas and liquid measurement and SCADA to provide measurement professionals with hands-on learning and education. After completing the training, oil and gas professionals will be equipped to return to the field or to their role with confidence. With that in mind, we are prepared to offer the following training classes in 2021.
2021 Training Schedule on Measurement Fundamentals
Consider registering yourself or your team for the relevant measurement or SCADA classes that fit your needs.
First Quarter 2021
- February 16-19: Gas Measurement Fundamentals & EFM Best Practices
- February 16-26: Gas Measurement Fundamentals Certification
Notably, the complete Gas Measurement Fundamentals Certification two-week course (Feb. 16-26) includes the following elements:
- The first week of gas measurement fundamentals and EFM best practices.
- The second week includes flow measurement (ultrasonic, turbine, Coriolis, vortex, and insertion meters). Plus…
- Transmitters, calibration, and flow computer hands-on.
- Pressure regulators and control valves.
- Gas chromatograph, meter runs, and samplers hands-on.
- Moisture & H2S analyzers and odorization.
Second Quarter 2021
We are offering several classes during the second quarter in coordination with the industry’s trade show and conference season when professionals are traveling. You or your team can receive training on the fundamentals of measurement and SCADA at our training facility in Houston through the following classes:
- April 6-8: Fundamentals of Crude Measurement
- April 19-12: Gas Measurement Fundamentals & EFM Best Practices
- May 18-20: Fundamentals of Liquid Measurement
- May 25-28: SCADA Fundamentals Certification
- June 8-10: Fundamentals of Crude Measurement
- June 15-18: Gas Measurement Fundamentals & EFM Best Practices
- June 15-25: Gas Measurement Fundamentals Certification
Notably, we are offering two opportunities to receive training on the fundamentals of crude measurement in the second quarter. Also during the quarter, we are offering a second opportunity in 2021 to complete the Gas Measurement Fundamentals Certification class.
Third Quarter 2021
We are offering the following training opportunities during the summer months:
- July 13-15: Fundamentals of Liquid Measurement
- August 16-19: Gas Measurement Fundamentals & EFM Best Practices
- August 24-26: Advanced Fundamentals of Liquid Measurement
For professionals involved in liquid measurement, the third quarter includes a great opportunity to receive training on both the fundamentals of liquid measurement and the advanced fundamentals of liquid measurement. This investment will prepare you to quickly advance in your career.
On the gas side, we are offering a fourth opportunity to receive training on Gas Measurement Fundamentals & EFM Best Practices during the summer.
Fourth Quarter 2021
Our busiest quarter of the year includes a training opportunity for every class that we offer.
- October 12-15: Gas Measurement Fundamentals & EFM Best Practices
- October 12-22: Gas Measurement Fundamentals Certification
- October 26-28: Fundamentals of Crude Measurement
- November 9-12: SCADA Fundamentals Certification
- November 16-18: Fundamentals of Liquid Measurement
- December 6-9: Gas Measurement Fundamentals & EFM Best Practices
- December 14-16: Advanced Fundamentals of Liquid Measurement
All types of oil and gas measurement professionals can set themselves up for career advancement in the fourth quarter.
– Our final Gas Measurement Fundamentals Certification class of 2021 will take place early in the fourth quarter to provide you with time to implement your knowledge before the end of the year. Plus, we are offering two more opportunities to take the one-week Gas Measurement & EFM Best Practices class.
– On the liquids side, we are offering another opportunity to receive training on both the Fundamentals of Liquid Measurement and Advanced Fundamentals of Liquid Measurement in a short period of time.
– We are also offering another SCADA Fundamentals Certification class to help controllers, operations managers, and support personnel to stay current on the industry standards and then properly follow processes in their operation.
Register Online for 2021 Measurement Training
We encourage you to register yourself or your team for measurement training through our online registration option. This easy-to-use tool allows you to register one person or many people for each class. You can also register for multiple classes. Payment can also be completed online at your convenience.
If you prefer to register over the phone or have questions about the registration process, contact GCI directly by phone at 281-598-7200 or email email@example.com.
– We also encourage you to subscribe to the GCI email newsletter to receive the latest updates on our 2021 training schedule. You can easily subscribe to our monthly eNews by scrolling down to the bottom of this article and entering your information in the email signup box.