GCI has been training measurement professionals for nearly 20 years. We foresee that 2019 will be one of the most important years for measurement training over the past two decades.
Why? The oil and gas industry is booming after clearing a global downturn, yet there are outside forces placing pressure on the industry. Every revenue stream needs to be optimized and every cost needs to be minimized.
This has created a clear need for measurement training so that energy, pipeline, and oil and gas companies can send their measurement technicians into the field to accurately and repeatedly perform measurement with confidence.
To gain this confidence, measurement technicians need to be trained on the fundamentals of gas measurement, liquid measurement, and/or crude measurement. We offer this training at our training facility in the heart of the U.S. oil and gas industry in Houston, Texas. Make plans to register your team for training this year.
2019 Training Schedule By Dates and Courses
The first important date of 2019 is our Gas Measurement Fundamentals Certification course. This comprehensive two-week course is only offered three times per year and is based on the AGA white paper, “Natural Gas Measurement Technician Training and Development Guidelines.”
First Quarter 2019
- January 29-31: Fundamentals of Crude Measurement
- February 12-22: Gas Measurement Fundamentals Certification
Second Quarter 2019
During the industry’s peak season, we offer several courses that cover natural gas, liquids, crude, and SCADA.
- April 22-25: Gas Measurement Fundamentals & EFM Best Practices training
- May 7-9: Fundamentals of Liquid Measurement training
- May 21-23: Fundamentals of Crude Measurement training
- May 28-31: SCADA Fundamentals Certification
- June 11-21: Gas Measurement Fundamentals Certification
- June 25-27: Advanced Fundamentals of Liquid Measurement training
Third Quarter 2019
July 16-18: Fundamentals of Liquid Measurement training
August 19-22: Gas Measurement Fundamentals & EFM Best Practices training
Fourth Quarter 2019
We finish the year with the third and final Gas Measurement Fundamentals Certification course. We are also offering courses on the other critical measurement areas to close the year.
- October 15-25: Gas Measurement Fundamentals Certification
- November 5-8: SCADA Fundamentals Certification
- November 12-14: Fundamentals of Crude Measurement training
- December 2-5: Gas Measurement Fundamentals & EFM Best Practices training
- December 10-12: Advanced Fundamentals of Liquid Measurement training
Register Today for GCI Training
We want you to have plenty of time to arrange your schedule so that measurement professionals can receive fundamental measurement training this year.
We understand that some teams are based in Houston, while others are based in other parts of the country and even around the world. GCI wants to help you make arrangements to receive training and then confidently apply learning in the field.
In addition to registering your team on our website, you can contact GCI with specific requests through our website form, via email at email@example.com, or by phone at 281-598-7200. We look forward to supporting your measurement training needs this year.